Thursday 6 April 2017

Back to Black: The Latest in Kitchen Trends

Occasionally I get asked to comment on the latest fashion or trend and yesterday I was asked about my thoughts about the revival of "black kitchens" for the Daily Mail online.  Needless to say, it was all rather last minute but I did manage to pen my personal thoughts.  For those of you who don't feel the need to read the whole article (below) here is what I had to say:

 'I love dark kitchens'
'Black units are a great foil alongside a shiny Aga or range cooker.
'If your kitchen is also your entertaining space and dining room, black units are far less utilitarian looking than the pale colours.
'I have had black units in my kitchen for the last 15 years. The kitchen designer was a bit alarmed and wanted me to go for cream or duck egg. 
'But I love them, black goes with everything.' 

Below is the link to the article which includes numerous illustrations of kitchens that have made use of black units but sadly there are no real "country" kitchens with an Aga or Rayburn. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-4381804/Why-black-kitchens-interiors-trend-need-copy.html

As you can see this article has sparked a lot of discussion and it seems most people are not keen on the idea!  So maybe this latest "trend" won't take off in a major way - time will tell - but, I for one, am delighted to think that I'm supporting the latest fashion even if my "black" kitchen is fifteen years old! 

No comments:

Post a Comment